Monday 18 August 2014

Circus Trip

                               Back in 1999 when I was still a teenager, during the summer vacation, a circus from nearby Venezuela decided to come to our shores for some performances. I saw the commercial promoting the circus on TV and couldn't helped but be mesmerized. Not by the antics of the clowns of course, but by the sight of the gorgeous, curvaceous and alluring Venezuelan girls in their next-to-nothing leotards. "Wow!" I said to myself. "Those girls are so hot." "If only I can be at the circus to see those girls perform." The star of the circus was not a girl however, it was one of girls' brother. He was a twelve year-old boy by the name of Jonathan who they claimed was the world's youngest tiger tamer. The price of the tickets were fairly cheap. Thankfully I hadn't spent the money which I had gotten as a present for my birthday a few weeks before. I thought to myself that the money would come in handy for my trip to the circus. The official name of  the circus was El Circo Magico which in English translates to The Magical Circus. I made sure to double check the local newspapers for the exact time which the circus shows were to begin. There were two performances a day. One at 5:00 in the afternoon and another show at 7:00 in the evening I decided to go to the earlier show though.

                            On the big day I was so excited. I finished all of my chores early and had a nice big lunch which my mother had prepared. I took a short nap afterwards. When I awoke I took a cold shower and got dressed. On my way out I kissed my mom goodbye and told her that I would see her later. She didn't know though that I had hidden her camera in my pocket. The purpose of my carrying the camera was to see if I could get a picture with one of the hot circus girls. It was a gamble that I was willing to take. I hoped that it was going to be my lucky day. On my way to the circus I was constantly hoping that my little knowledge of the Spanish language would be enough for at least one of the girls to understand me and grant my request of a photo. Finally the taxi that I had boarded had arrived at my destination and I was elated. As I entered the big tent, I tried to see if there were any of the girls around. The first person to greet me though was a clown as he took my ticket which I had bought at the nearby booth and tore it in half giving me the stub. Suddenly though I saw a pretty girl there selling balloons. I gave her a friendly wave and she happily waved back. I asked her her name in broken Spanish and she responded, "Carolina." I kindly asked her for her a photo but she told me that she was busy at the moment and that I may have to wait.

                               I was in no mood to wait. The show was about to start in fifteen minutes and as  every second went by my chances of getting a photo were getting slimmer and slimmer. I then decided to go to another area to purchase a hot dog for I started to feel peckish. Lo and behold I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was the sight of a gorgeous, curvy Venezuelan girl in a revealing blue sequined leotard. "This is my chance." I said to myself; as my heart began to beat faster. She was the most beautiful girl I had seen in my life. She had big brown eyes, fair flawless skin and long brown hair. I called out to her in my limited Spanish, "Senorita!" To my surprise she responded to my call. Perhaps she was surprised that a local was conversing with her in Spanish. I told her good afternoon in Spanish and introduced myself. She told me that her name was Gina. I then asked her if it was okay if I can get a photo with her. She responded with a smiling "Si." "No problema." I thanked her immensely and then we both decided to look for a convenient location where we can get the photo taken. By this time I had forgotten about the hot dog.

                                I then noticed that there was a section where some other people who were not exactly circus performers but were still involved in some way as far as the technical aspect of the show went, were setting up some lights. I kindly asked one of the guys in Spanish if he can kindly take a photo of Gina and myself. He obliged. I remember standing with Gina in front of a table and my arm going around her waist. Her arm also went around my waist. My heart thumped harder and harder as the blood raced quickly all through my body. All Gina did during that time was laugh as I kept on hoping for the moment to last forever and the typical teen-aged boy's fantasies about girls raced through my head. After I had the photo taken, I thanked her again as she quickly hurried off for the show was about to start. It was an evening that I would never forget. Yeah, the show was okay. But frankly speaking, tigers and clowns weren't exactly my thing. Thanks to Gina though, I had an unforgettable evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment